PAc: 3 of 3 | 5 Issues I encountered when Writing to Another List
In the previous video we were able to successfully write to our comments list, which is a separate list than our main PowerApps form list. During this process there were some odd behaviors we encountered, so let’s address those now.
In this video, we will walk-through the 5 fixes needed when writing data to another list using PowerApps.
These are the Best PowerApps Tutorials for Beginners
Let’s get started
1) Default comment issue, this is when you use a text box to write a value to a list item, but when you load the form or select another item in the main form, the previous text is still in the comment box. We had to refresh the page to clear-out the text box.
2) Saving blank comments. This is the issue when the user clicks the save button but did not enter any text into the comment field, it adds a blank entry to the comments list.
3) Ordering the comments, so the most recent one appears first.
4) Highlight the comment tab when selected. There other tabs in the form are highlighted when the tab is selected, but when selecting the comments tab, it is not highlighted.
5) Display the comment history on the Comment’s tab. In the previous video we display the comment history on the “view” form, but we also want to display the comment history on the Edit form.
In this video we will address these issues and wrap-up this mini-series on adding comments feature to a PowerApps form.
#powerapps #mpack5 #microsoft365solutions
? Subscribe to SPClassroom SharePoint and o365 videos – https://www.youtube.com/user/clardo11?sub_confirmation=1
SPClassroom is a collection of sharepoint developer tutorials for SharePoint 2013, SP2016, SharePoint Online, office365, and SPFx SharePoint Developer’s Framework, with a focus on training videos for Power Users, Developers, and SharePoint Architects.
Find More SharePoint Developer Tutorial, o365 Development Training, and SharePoint Training Videos here: